Monday, June 16, 2014

The Hardest Goodbye Of All

Today we said goodbye to Laura. We were more emotional about it at church yesterday than we were today when we actually said goodbye. Thankfully we'll see each other in July back in Indiana!

Laura Jane. What can I say? Two years ago we both stepped off planes without knowing what was in store. Praise God that He placed us both in the same school. Meeting you within days of moving to Korea was one of His many blessings as we beg...an life in Busan. You have become so much more than a co-worker - a BEST friend and sister in Christ. We share our love for Jesus, chocolate, vacationing, sports, crystal light, pizza, and so much more. I'll forgive you for liking cats more than dogs. It is going to be so hard to not have you in my life every day to talk to and commiserate with. We have done SO MUCH together (The Philippines, Bali, coaching BFS Basketball, various other shenanigans) and I know our friendship won't end when you get on that plane today. Thank you for loving me and for making me weirder when I'm around you. 

We went to the beach after church yesterday in Gwangalli one last time, and we also went to the new Johnny Rockets for dinner with some dear co-workers!

After Johnny Rockets
Nick, Sara, Chelsea, Laura, Megan, Justin

At Gwangalli Beach 





Saying goodbye this morning


I finally jumped higher than Laura! Who was the D1 Athlete?

Last hug :(

Justin's bare classroom

Megan's bare classroom - there will be all new furniture in here next year - I can't wait to see pictures of it!

Numbers 6:24-26  The Lord bless you and keep you;  the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment