Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Sky Above Proclaims His Handiwork

We are pretty used to a beautiful blue sky in Busan, but the blue skies in Kauai showed us part of God’s creation we haven’t experienced before. The first morning we were there, I woke up to my Mom yelling my name and telling me to come outside. I was anticipating there being whales in the ocean, but instead I walked out to a complete double rainbow of which one end “touched” the ocean. I have never seen anything like it. What we thought was so unique, though, ended up being an everyday occurrence for us, although not always quite as grand. While we were never in any fear of floods, it was still a reminder of God’s promise to Noah that He would never flood the earth again.





We also saw God’s beauty in the sky through sunrises and sunsets. I, not surprisingly, saw fewer of the sunrises, but my parents say they were all beautiful.

Sunrise

Sunset


 
Sunset on Christmas

Sunset on Christmas
 
Another way in which we got to experience the sky in Hawaii was through a helicopter ride. Only 20% of Kauai is accessible by car, and the road doesn’t even go all the way around the island due to a canyon. Since we didn’t want to do the 11 mile one-way hike to see the other coast, we opted for the helicopter and were in total amazement for an hour as we saw countless waterfalls, beautiful cliffs, the coast, and even a rainbow.

Right after our ride


Na Pali Coast

Waimea Canyon


Tim and Lissel

Dad and Justin enjoying the view
 
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. ~Psalm 19:1
 
I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. ~Genesis 9:13

No comments:

Post a Comment