Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Day Trip to South America?

On our first day off for Lunar New Year, Laura, our friend Kelsy, and I trekked to the other side of Busan to visit Gamcheon Village. We had seen pictures of this part of the city with its brightly painted buildings. We read that this is one of the poorest parts of the city, so they decided to paint the buildings in order to attract more tourism. It seems to be working because we definitely weren't the only tourists up there that day. To me this village made me feel like I was back in Central or South America, and I loved it. We wandered down streets, turned down narrow alley-ways and meandered back down to the bottom of the mountain. It was beautiful.













Notice the difference in the name of the store from the top to the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment