Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Year 2: Cotton

Justin and I took a day this week to celebrate our 2nd anniversary! Justin is so creative in his gift-giving and sent me on a scavenger hunt around our part of the city with my friend Laura as my guide. He had clues leading to each stop where I found a yellow ribbon and a puzzle to put together. (I LOVE puzzles!) Once I had the puzzle together there was another clue on the back. He sent me to a gelato/coffee shop, a park, my favorite clothing store (complete with money to buy something!), a flower shop, the bakery, and a few other stops on the way back to the apartment. Once I had all of the puzzles they then formed a larger puzzle full of pictures of us from this past year.

Finding a clue at Cafe Bene



Once I put it together, the clue was on the back

Looking for the puzzle at the park

Finding a clue at the subway station

All the puzzles together

The traditional gift for the second year of marriage is cotton or straw. Justin got me Bamboo sheets, which are AMAZING. We saw them in Alaska last summer and heard all about how wonderful they are, but of course they were outrageously expensive there. I got Justin Couple-Set T-shirts, which are very popular in Korea.





We spent the afternoon playing games and hanging out before going on a dinner cruise around the nearby coast. We got delicious steak and were able to enjoy a beautiful night view of part of the city.
Playing Ticket to Ride...Justin won...


Course #1: Sea food... and something very strange


Course #2: Salad

Course #3: Mushroom Soup




Course #4: Onion ring, mushrooms and clam






Course #5: Delicious Steak and Mashed Potatoes...

...and Kimchi of course.

Courses not pictured-
 #6: Sushi bar
#7: Fruit for Dessert







This panoramic didn't quite work since we were moving at this point...but you get the idea :)





We were blessed to have been able to spend our second anniversary in Korea. I wonder where we'll be for it next year!??! Korea, the US, or somewhere in between on vacation? God only knows, right now.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3  If I speak in the tongues of men and angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all that I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment