Thursday, August 30, 2012

Setting up Classrooms


The start of school is finally just around the corner.  That corner is coming way too fast, though.  Even with school being pushed back a week, we are still feeling extremely overwhelmed.  Justin was able to get into his classroom on Wednesday and get some things going.  I, however, didn’t get into my room until about 2:30 on Thursday.  To say I was frustrated is a bit of an understatement, but thankfully I’m finally in there.  I think the most culture shock that we have experienced has been in the whole construction/classroom work.  I finally got my furniture in my room and out of the Pre-K room, arranged it how I wanted it for the most part, then found out I had to move some things, and that they want to change the wall paper before school starts.  Deep breaths, Megan.  Justin’s room is looking great! He has his library area pretty much set up, bulletin boards going, new lockers in his room (that’s how they do it here), and he is getting rules and things posted as well. 

So prayers are definitely requested for all of our preparations – lesson planning, room arranging, etc. Stress levels are rising, but it is also somewhat comforting to know that most of the other new teachers are feeling the same way, so we’re not alone.  We are very thankful to have met some great people in our school who we get along with well.  We are also thankful for returning teachers who have been very helpful and encouraging.  I am especially thankful for my co-teacher – the Pre-K teacher – Lydia.  She has been teaching for a while and is very helpful and encouraging.  It’s a blessing that we are team-teaching! 

I apologize if this post is a little bit of a downer.  We really love being here! We are in a beautiful city, surrounded by mountains and sea, and are meeting wonderful friends that I see us having for a long time – both from school and church. Our apartment is wonderful, our commute is quick and easy, the food has been good so far, and we have somehow managed to keep in touch with people at home despite the lack of a real internet connection in our apartment.

Pray for good rest these next few days and surprising energy as we work at school.  Pray that the clock ticks slowly, or that we just work quickly and efficiently.  Thank you for being such wonderful friends and family.  We know we are lifted up in prayer.  We think of you all often and prayer for you as well.  Thank you for continuing to be part of our lives!

Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment