Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Preparing for Take Off


Many of you have been asking what has been going on lately as we plan for our big move to South Korea.  
The biggest news is that since then, the principal of Justin’s school emailed me (Megan) and asked if I would be interested in either teaching a Spanish class or being a teacher’s aide in the elementary school.  Of course, I was extremely excited and immediately wrote back that I was interested in both ideas and would love to talk more about them with her.  That’s where our big prayer request comes in right now.  Visas.

The first step in getting a Visa is to get a background check.  No big deal, except that it takes approximately 8 weeks to get these back.  There are faster ways to get them done, but in order for us to complete the next step in the process, we have to do it the long way.  We just got Justin’s back, and then realized that I would need to do the same thing if I got a job there.  All along, I was planning on getting a dependent Visa, but I can’t work with one of those.  The problem is that even though I just sent in to get my background check, 8 weeks puts us at the end of June.  Then there is a 4 week process in between before I could even apply for a work Visa.  So that puts us at the end of July and we leave in the middle of August.  Our prayer is that somehow this process will go quicker than normal.  We keep reminding ourselves that this whole opportunity is such a blessing and is a total God-thing, so we know that He will provide what we need, but still, it’s hard not to be worried or nervous.   Justin’s Visa should be no problem since he has his background check back, so it’s mostly my Visa that is the concern. 

Please pray with us as we make decisions about my job – which one is the best fit for me – or whether I should just get a dependent Visa for this year and get a work Visa for the following year.   We are praying for clarity and for peace of mind.  It seems that we keep going through the pattern of hurrying up to get something going, then waiting quite a while until we can do anything else.  We are not fans of the waiting right now, so pray for patience as well.   We know this will work out like it’s supposed to, whatever that looks like. 

We always appreciate your prayers and questions about what’s going on, even if we don’t know the answer!  We are so thankful for you and for your support as we begin this adventure even now. 

Philippians 4:6-7     Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment